Mobile Business Licences

Business Licensing at the City of Mississauga

The Business Licensing By-law requires that certain mobile businesses or persons be licensed in order to operate in the City of Mississauga. A business licence must be renewed annually. Refer to Licence Expiry Dates for more information. To find out which approvals are needed for your particular business licence, check the Business Licensing Requirements Chart.

To apply for a mobile business licence, some of the documents that may be required include but are not limited to: 

  • A completed Business Licence Application form. The application must be completed by an individual owner, a partner,  the president or an authorized signing officer of the corporation.
  • A copy of your business registration papers.
  • A criminal record search from Police Services. Click here to determine if your business requires a criminal record search. If so, read the Direction Sheet for a Criminal Record Search.
  • Inspection of your location may be needed by Police, Fire, Planning and Building and/or the Region of Peel Public Health Department. Find out if your particular licence requires any approvals
  • Payment of the licence fees will be required at the time of application.

The following mobile businesses are required to obtain a business licence, as per the Business Licensing By-law:

  • Body Rub Attendant
  • Auctioneer
  • Carnival
  • Circus
  • Peddler
  • Second Hand Goods Shop Employee

For taxicab, tow truck, limousine and vendors licences, refer to Mobile Licensing.

Contact Information

  • Customer Service: Call 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 outside city limits) Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.