The Business Licensing By-law requires that certain mobile businesses or persons be licensed in order to operate in the City of Mississauga. A business licence must be renewed annually. Refer to Licence Expiry Dates for more information.
To apply for a mobile business licence, some of the documents that may be required include but are not limited to:
- A completed Business Licence Application form. The application must be completed by an individual owner, a partner, the president or an authorized signing officer of the corporation.
- A copy of your business registration papers.
- A criminal record search from Police Services. Click here to determine if your business requires a criminal record search. If so, read the Direction Sheet for a Criminal Record Search.
- Inspection of your location may be needed by Police, Fire, Planning and Building and/or the Region of Peel Public Health Department. Find out if your particular licence requires any approvals.
- Payment of the licence fees will be required at the time of application.
The following mobile businesses are required to obtain a business licence, as per the Business Licensing By-law:
- Body Rub Attendant
- Second Hand Goods Shop Employee
For taxicab, tow truck, limousine and vendors licences, refer to Mobile Licensing.
- Customer Service: Call 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 outside city limits) Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.