Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Am I able to operate a business from my home?
The following Home Occupations are permitted to operate from a Detached Dwelling: tutoring, music instructions, artist or artisan and a general office use, provided the Home Occupation complies with all the restrictions indicated in Subsection 4.1.16 of the Zoning Bylaw. A physician, dentist, drugless practitioner or health professional may also establish a business from their home provided the use complies with all the applicable Zoning By-law restrictions. Please contact the Zoning Section for further information by calling 3-1-1, or if calling from outside of Mississauga, dial 905 615-4311.
Related Links
Mississauga Zoning By-law
Related FAQ's
Am I able to operate a business from my home?
What funding is available?
Where do I register my business?
Should I incorporate my business?
What is the purpose of a business number?
Do I need to register for HST?
Do I need a business licence?
Where can I obtain a licence?
Why should I prepare a business plan?
How do I prepare a business plan?
What zoning requirements do I need to consider?
11 Items found.

More FAQ's: