It pays to have your vital statistics close at hand and easy to compare in this very competitive world. So here are many of the quick facts that you can use to rate Mississauga in your search for the best place to locate and do business.
- We’re Canada’s 6th largest city with more than 766,000 residents and expected
growth of another 100,000 people
- We’re above average in education & skills; 2/3 of our adults have post-secondary
- We’re surrounded by 4.3 million employees in the Greater Toronto Area; 20% of the Canadian labour force.
- 15 universities and 17 colleges are within a 1 hour drive.
- Home to University of Toronto-Mississauga and Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning which also offers a few Mohawk College programs.
GLOBAL & LOCAL
- Home to Canada’s largest airport; Pearson International serving over 180 destinations and 44 million passengers annually.
- Within a day’s drive of North America’s richest markets; access to 141 million consumers.
- Less than a 90-minute drive to the U.S. border.
- Extensive network of 7 major highways & 3 principle railways.
- Direct access to all lake ports and the Atlantic Ocean via St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Transit system serves 50 million riders annually, commuter rail, planned rapid transit.
- More than 9,821 ha (24,267 acres) of employment lands, corporate centres and downtown areas of which 733 ha (1,811 acres) are still available for development.
- Over 182 million sq. ft. of existing industrial buildings; approximately 37 million sq. ft. office space.
BUSINESS ROI & PEERS
- Nearly 1,400 multinational firms are already invested in Mississauga including 72 Fortune 500 and 60 Fortune Global 500 head offices.
- Over 88,600 registered businesses employing more than 428,000 people
- Recognized as the safest city in Canada 16 years in a row (2016).
- Extraordinary healthcare facilities with 3 major hospitals.
- First-class schools with 253 public, 150 catholic and 30+ private schools.
- Variety of housing types located in unique and vibrant communities.
- Sports, leisure & arts facilities with 13 community recreation centres and 2 active living centres.
- 485 parks, 262 playgrounds, 367 sports fields, 358 woodlands, 2 marinas and 250 kms of winding trails that connect our communities.
- Access to 1,600 km waterfront trail along the world's largest group of freshwater lakes.
VACANT LAND MAP
This map displays the location of vacant lands in the City of Mississauga. Click on a vacant land to view more details. Information provided is updated annually. If you require futher assistance please contact us.
Important: The Vacant Land Map is best viewed in Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 and higher, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, otherwise you may have trouble displaying the map properly.
Full Screen and Mobile Friendly