Oct 04, 2019
Mississauga is the perfect place to explore for a weekend adventure, especially during the Thanksgiving long weekend. With seasonal temperatures expected, it’s the perfect time to put on a sweater and head outdoors. There is so much to get excited for and plenty to do this time of year. Enjoy the falling leaves, the crisp autumn air and the nostalgia of the rustic, rich fall colours. With hundreds of outdoor spaces – like forests, lakes and parks, having fun outdoors is a sure way to make this thankful holiday memorable and fun.
• Bike riding at Sawmill Trail
• Hike a forested-trail at Culham Trail
• Relish the beauty of the fall colours at Riverwood Park
• Walk your dog and enjoy the leash-free zone at Etobicoke Valley Leash-Free Dog Park
• Catch the fall migration by bird watching at Cawthra Park
• Watch the sunset at Watersedge Park
• Enjoy an Autumn-inspired picnic lunch – squash soup, pumpkin pie and apple cider at Erindale Park
• Plan an outdoor Autumn inspired Scavenger Hunt at Birchwood Park
• Spend time experiencing Mississauga’s culture at Paul Coffey Park
Whether you’re enjoying great food, company or conversation, make sure to make some time for the outdoors this Thanksgiving. To learn more about Mississauga’s parks, trails and natural areas, visit mississauga.ca/parks or follow @MississaugaPF on Twitter.