Feb 27, 2015
The City of Mississauga’s Economic Development Office and Advisory Board are launching a new subcommittee called the Mississauga International Partnership Program committee (MIPP). The committee will focus on creating new and existing connections with cultural groups to help attract foreign direct investment and improve the City’s international competitiveness.
A media event launching the Mississauga International Partnership Program committee
• Bonnie Crombie, Mayor of Mississauga
• Janice Baker, City Manager and CAO, City of Mississauga
• Susan Amring, Director, Economic Development Office, City of Mississauga
• Howard Eng, President and Chief Executive Officer, GTAA
• Hillary Marshall, Vice-President, Stakeholder Relations and Communications, GTAA
• Economic Development Advisory Board Members, including Mississauga Ward 2 Councillor Karen Ras and Ward 9 Councillor Pat Saito
Friday, March 6, 2015
Media event - 10 a.m.
Media scrum - 10:20 a.m.
Toronto Pearson International Airport - Terminal 1, International Arrivals (Ground Level)
6301 Silver Dart Dr.
Parking: Complimentary parking available for media attending the event courtesy of GTAA.
For more information about the City’s Economic Development Office, please visit the Economic Development Office website or call 905-896-5016.
• The City of Mississauga’s Economic Development Office and Advisory Board new subcommittee is called the Mississauga International Partnership Program committee (MIPP).
• The committee will focus on creating new and existing connections with cultural groups to help attract foreign direct investment and improve the City’s competitiveness in international labour market.
• The MIPP committee will consist of 15 members. Mayor Crombie will be the honorary chairperson of the committee. Members will largely consist of multicultural representatives from either business, culture or other non-profit international business promotion organizations in Mississauga.
• The role of the MIPP committee is to provide advice and input to the Mississauga Economic Development Office on matters related to international investment. More specifically, the committee will:
• identify emerging economic conditions, trends, new markets that will assist the City of Mississauga in responding to the demands of our globally competitive knowledge-based economy
• provide leadership, advice and contacts on matters related to international investment attraction
• act as a sounding board in response to Economic Development Office initiatives as well as new international business matters, specific studies, report or publications related to foreign direct investment attraction
• advise appropriate action to deal with international economic development issues and initiatives
• advocate on behalf of international investment initiatives of the City of Mississauga
• collaborate with the Economic Development Office on initiatives that retain, expand and attract international investment
Senior Advisor (A), Media Relations
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 5053