Apr 18, 2017
Registration begins today for Mississauga's popular busker program. For the second year in a row, this program will allow artists to animate city streets starting in May.
Twenty-five buskers will be accepted to the program. The cost to register is $35 and those interested in participating must complete and submit a registration form available here.
Once approved, buskers must pick-up their photo ID from Customer Service at Mississauga Central Library, 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
Buskers may only perform at official ‘Busk Stops’ between the hours of 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily. Buskers may perform for up to two hours at one stop per day.
Busk Stop locations include:
• Port Credit - 104 Waterfront Trail, Mississauga
• Jack Darling Park - 1180 Lakeshore W., Mississauga
• Mississauga Celebration Square - 300 City Centre Dr., Mississauga
• Streetsville Village Square --1-9 Main St, Mississauga
• Lake Aquitaine Park – Aquitaine Ave., Mississauga
• Paul Coffey Park –3430 Derry Rd. E., Mississauga
Buskers cannot perform during scheduled events at Busk Stops in Port Credit, Celebration Square and Streetsville Village Square.
Communications Advisor, Community Services
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 3940