Apr 13, 2018
The weather forecast for Southern Ontario is predicting 85 millimetres of rainfall throughout the weekend, continuing until the beginning of next week.
This rainfall is expected to have significant effects on the city’s river systems and on the water levels of Lake Ontario.
For safety and to reduce potential damage, the following measures are recommended:
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
- Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
- Keep children and pets away from all waterways
- Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
- Call 311 to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
- Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1. For emergency assistance, please call 9-1-1.
Carley Smith DeBenedictis
Senior Communications Advisor
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 4203