Feb 07, 2019
The weather forecast today calls for periods of freezing drizzle, then changing to rain. This will be followed by rising temperatures later in the day and into the night.
The forecasted rain and warmer temperatures will continue to melt remaining snow and ice. This may cause rising water levels along the Credit River. City crews with Credit Valley Conservation Authority and Region of Peel will continue to monitor water levels and respond to changing conditions throughout the day and evening.
Residents are asked to please stay away from all waterways at this time as they can be dangerous, especially for children and pets.
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1. For emergency assistance, please call 9-1-1.
For safety and to reduce potential damage:
• Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
• Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
• Keep children and pets away from all waterways
• Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
• Call 3-1-1 to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
• Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances
For more information as the Flood Watch continues, visit mississauga.ca or follow the City of Mississauga on Twitter at @citymississauga.
Senior Advisor Media and Public Information
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 5406