Petitions are used to express public opinion to Mississauga City Council.A petition is a written request signed by residents of the City of Mississauga which is presented to City Council.Petitionsthat meet all the legislative requirements can be used to request City Council to take action on a specific issue.
Please Note: All information provided on Council, or Committees of Council, petition or correspondence will be publicly available.
- Each petition must be submitted to the City Clerk no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Monday of the week preceding the Council meeting; otherwise the petition will be included on the next available Council agenda.
- If you do not provide a clear statement on your petition, it will not be accepted.
- The petition must be typed or legibly handwritten and use the petition form that is provided (No pencil) (Download Form)
- The petition must be appropriate and respectful in tone, and must not contain any improper or offensive language or information.
- Each petitioner must print and sign his or her own name, original signatures only.
- Each petitioner must provide his or her full address, including property’s roll number for a noise wall petition.
- The petition must clearly disclose on each page that it will be considered a public document at the City of Mississauga and that the information contained in it may be subject to the scrutiny of the City and other members of the general public.