Jun 17, 2014
On July 1, join Mayor Hazel McCallion and Members of Council at Mississauga Celebration Square for the City’s free Canada Day celebration. Global TV’s emcees Leslie Roberts and Liza Fromer kick off the event at 4 p.m. with an official ceremony followed by live music, entertaining performances, gourmet food trucks, exciting activities for all ages and ending the evening is a stunning fireworks show presented by Tim Hortons.
• Canadian singer-songwriter Alyssa Reid
• JUNO Award winning R&B superstar JRDN
• Canadian pop singer Tyler Shaw
• Mississauga’s own 4Korners, Official DJ of the Toronto Raptors
• Mississauga-based acoustic folk rock band Trouble & Daughter and alternative rock band
• Aukland, Canadiana cirque act Circo De Calle and aerial ballet
Visit mississaugacelebrationsquare.ca for a full event schedule.
• Viva Pan Am Pavilion, featuring spirit stations, Samba Elegua
• Face painting, stilt walkers, street performers
• Circo De Calle show
• Creativia Inc. aerial ballet show on the façade of City Hall
What: Celebrating Canada’s 147th birthday
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Time: 4 to 10:30 p.m.
Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Dr.
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
• Parking and Transportation – With limited access to parking available downtown, residents are encouraged to carpool, walk, bike or take public transit. All MiWay buses will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule. Accessible parking is available at the 201 City Centre Dr. parking lot.
• Road Closures – There will be some road closures in the City’s downtown core from noon – 11:30 p.m. on July 1. Map
Closed from Noon to 11:30 p.m.
• Duke of York Blvd from Burnhamthorpe Rd W. to Prince of Wales Dr.
• City Centre Dr. from Living Arts Drive to Duke of York Boulevard
• Princess Royal Dr. from Living Arts Dr. to Duke of York Blvd
Closed from 7 to 11:30 p.m. (Note: Police will use the south-bound lanes to filter out traffic from Square One).
• Living Arts Dr. from Burnhamthorpe Rd W. to Prince of Wales Dr.
• Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. from Confederation Parkway to Hurontario St. (an east bound lane will remain open for emergency vehicles and access to Web Dr.)
• Kariya Gate from Burnhamthorpe Rd W. to City Centre Dr. (north-bound lanes only)
Located in the City’s downtown core, Mississauga Celebration Square hosts a dynamic lineup of year-round, outdoor events and festivals that showcase arts, cultural diversity and entertainment. Free events like Canada Day at Mississauga Celebration Square are possible through the generous support from our fireworks sponsor presented by Tim Hortons. Special thanks to our additional sponsors Bell, Pepsi, Pizza Nova, Global Toronto, 99.9 Virgin Radio as well as Canadian Heritage.
Social media: Use the hashtag #MCSCanadaDay when tweeting about the event, tagging your Canada Day photos on Instagram or posting on Facebook.
Twittercue: Head to Mississauga Celebration Square on July 1 for one of the largest, free Canada Day celebrations in the GTA #MCSCanadaDay.
For a full listing of events at Mississauga Celebration Square, visit mississaugacelebrationsquare.ca. 'Like’ Mississauga Celebration Square on Facebook, follow @mcsevents on Twitter and @celebrationsquare on Instagram.
If you can’t attend the Canada Day celebration at Mississauga Celebration Square, there are two other events happening in Mississauga – Streetsville Canada Day Celebration – villageofstreetsville.com and Port Credit Paint the Town Red – paintthetownred.ca.
Media Resources: Media resources such as pictures, video, schedule of events and editorial and social media content are available at our Canada Day Online Media Kit.
Employee Communications Advisor
905-615-3200, ext. 4073
General Media and Artists
905-615-3200, ext. 5053