Apr 28, 2015
From May 1 to 7, the City of Mississauga is hosting its annual weeklong Rebel campaign for youth. The campaign features more than 300 free drop-ins, workshops, activities and events for youth by youth happening across Mississauga. With 400 artists and more than 8,000 people involved, Rebel15 sets to inspire creative expression and community involvement through music, film, the arts, culture, sport and opportunities to make a difference.
• 200 drop-in activities across all community centres and libraries every day during Rebel week
• More than 95 youth-led activities including game nights, sport tournaments, movies, music and games
• Young artists are performing at the City Centre Transit Terminal from May 4 to 7
• More than 3,000 students from the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic School Board will join voices together at Celebration Square to celebrate Music Monday hosted by YTV
• Workshops with iconic Canadian jazz singer, Molly Johnson, Plywood Collective graffiti artist, Mike Echlin (aka SPAZZ) and the professional recording artists at Metalworks Studios
Join us for the Rebel15 kickoff event on Friday, May 1 at Erin Meadows Community Centre and Library (Map) at 2:30 p.m. for free food, live performances and activities.
MiWay is your way to Rebel15. For customized route and schedule information, visit miway.ca or call 905-615-INFO (4636). View scheduled departure times on your smartphone or other mobile device at m.miway.ca.
For a full list of Rebel15 events and activities, visit mississauga.ca/Rebel. Follow the event on Twitter using the hashtag #Rebel15. Email Rebel.firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest or discover how else you can get involved during the week.
• Rebel15 is a partnership between Recreation, Culture, Library Services and MiWay
• More than 8,000 youth from across Mississauga participated in Rebel events last year
• Last year, 235 youth provided 1,657 hours of volunteering during Rebel14
• Ways to get involved in Rebel15:
o Become a Rebel event organizer
o Volunteer with us
o Attend Rebel15 week events
Communications Advisor, Community Services
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 5053