Jan 08, 2019
Join Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Members of Council and local dignitaries at the 40th annual Mayor’s New Year’s Levee. The levee is an opportunity to meet the Mayor and Members of Council in person, take a photo with them and welcome in the new year.
Enjoy entertainment by local artists including the Mississauga Children’s Choir, Mississauga Youth Poet Laureate, Pujita Verma and River North duo, Heather Christine and Matt Zaddy. There will also be skating on Mississauga Celebration Square, hot chocolate, an information fair and more.
Mayor Crombie will also be wrapping up her city-wide food drive and unveiling the total amount of food and funds raised by our generous residents in support of the Mississauga Food Bank this holiday season. To find out how you can help feed a hungry neighbour, please visit mississaugafoodbank.org.
2019 Mayor’s New Year’s Levee
Sunday, January 13, 2019
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Free public skate (weather permitting)
• 1:30 to 4 p.m. - Information Fair, including displays from Mississauga Fire & Emergency Services, Peel Regional Police, Peel Paramedic Services and St. John Ambulance
• 2 to 3:15 p.m. - Welcome and remarks followed by meet and greet with Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Members of Council and local dignitaries
• Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Members of Council and special guests
Mississauga Civic Centre
300 City Centre Drive
The meet and greet will take place inside Council Chamber
The Information Fair will take place inside the Great Hall
Please visit mississauga.ca/mayorslevee for more information.
• 2:35 p.m. - Meet & Greet with Mayor and Members of Council
• 4 p.m. - Mayor Crombie joins the public skate on the Mississauga Celebration Square ice rink
*All times in the agenda are approximate.
The Mayor’s Levee is a tradition that dates back to the 18th century, during the reign of King Louis XIV. To show the monarch belonged to the people, the King would invite gentlemen to his bedroom on New Year’s Day to watch him wake up and begin serving the public. The Royal Governor of New France later brought this custom to Canada where it continues to be a new year’s tradition.
This year, Mississauga will host its 40th annual Mayor’s New Year’s Levee. Over the years, thousands of residents and their families have welcomed the opportunity to meet their Mayor and Members of Council in person.
905-615-3200 ext. 4106