May 13, 2019
Summer doesn't officially begin until June, but that won't stop early celebrations for the upcoming summer season. On May 20, Summer Kick-Off presented by Pepsi is giving Mississauga a taste of what's to come at Mississauga Celebration Square this summer.
The City is elevating its game with high flying acts like an aerial Cirque show from A2D2's Elevate: A Cirque Production and a bike stunt team performance from Krusher's Extreme Bike Show. Then get loud and jam to a number of musical activities, including the Thunder Station Interactive Drumming Workshop and an Air Guitar Along led by Air Guitar Canada.
Hungry visitors can stop by a Mini Farmers Market or one of the many food trucks on the Square. There will also be many kids' activities such as kids' theatrical performances, Silly Putty Making Station, air brush face painting and more.
Ready to celebrate summer?
Summer Kick-Off Presented by Pepsi
Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Dr.
Monday, May 20, 2019
Noon to 4 p.m.
Fireworks won't be happening on Celebration Square this Victoria Day Weekend. If you use fireworks at home, think safety first and take the time to review the City's Fireworks By-Law 293-01.
- No fireworks can be set off on a public street or roadway within Mississauga at any time.
- No fireworks can be set off in a park at any time without a valid approved permit.
- No person shall hold a public fireworks display without a permit issued by the Fire Chief.
- Fireworks should only be purchased from a licensed retailer permitted to sell fireworks to the general public within the City of Mississauga as per By-Law 340-01.
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Choose an area that measures at least 30 metres by 30 metres and is free of obstructions.
- Carefully read the instructions on all fireworks.
- Check wind direction and wind speed and keep a large pail of water nearby.
- For a good launching site, bury the device up to half its length in the ground or in a pail or box filled with sand.
- Wear safety goggles during the show.
- Keep all spectators at least 20 metres away.
- Do not allow children to set off fireworks.
- Never attempt to set off fireworks that have misfired.
- Do not put fireworks in your pockets, do not throw them and do not keep them in your hand.
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 5934