- Population: 752,000
- Projected population by 2041: 878,000
- 6th largest city in Canada
- Ward map information
- Land area: 29,213 hectares
- Natural areas system: 2,737 hectares
- More than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices.
- 522 parks
- 225 km of trails and woodlands
- 18 library branches
- 11 community centres
- 12 indoor arenas
- 2 golf courses
- 2 marinas
Need more data?
Mississauga Data is an open data website that contains urban planning related reports, newsletters, brochures and data. The Information Planning Research Unit manages statistical data including: population, demographics, census, development monitoring/activity, growth forecasts, housing, employment, office, land use, vacant lands, and the environment.
City of Mississauga was incorporated on January 1, 1974. Mississauga was formed by the amalgamation of Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erindale, Lakeview, Lorne Park, Malton, Meadowvale Village, Port Credit, Sheridan and Streetsville.
For more on Mississauga's history visit 40years40sagas.com