Jul 09, 2009
The Youth Plan was developed in three
Phase one: included an environmental scan in which key background information on the
local, provincial, national and international level was collected and reviewed and broken into
- successful models of engagement
- effective practices
- programming and leadership
- regional and local youth service community groups and agencies
- City of Mississauga policies, program data, pricing, access and subsidies
- key informant interviews
- environmental scan highlights
During this phase, the consultant, The Students Commission of Canada, created the youth
leader action team that was then actively engaged throughout the process facilitating public
consultation sessions, conducting presentations and being a voice for Mississauga youth.
Phase two: was the engagement phase in which more than 1,100 youth participated.
Engagement was conducted in three formats:
- survey: conducted both online and distributed by city staff and the youth leader
- face to face sessions: a total of fifteen face to face public consultations
facilitated by the youth team and supported by the consultant were held were held across the
city in various locations including schools, libraries and community centres.
- photovoice: an interpretive engagement tool that encouraged storytelling through
Phase three: included the evaluation and analysis of the information collected through the
environmental scan and the engagement phases used in the development of the final plan, the 46
recommendations and the implementation plan.
For more information on Mississaugas Youth Plan, visit www.mississauga.ca/youth.
Manager, Corporate Communications (A)
Phone: 905-615-3200 x5832