Jun 13, 2013
The City is celebrating excellence in accessible customer service by presenting
Mississaugas 2013 Exceptional Accessible Customer Service award for City staff.
1:30- 4p.m., Monday, June 17, 2013
- Mississauga's 2013 Exceptional Accessible Customer Service
- Award Presentation
- A free screening of the movie, Shameless: The Art of Disability, a film by Bonnie Sherr
- A panel discussion on living with disabilities
- Displays and information on the City's accessible services
Presented in two locations:
1. Mississauga Celebration Square, presented with closed captions, 300 City Centre Drive,
2. Central Library, Noel Ryan Auditorium, presented with descriptive video, 301 Burnhamthorpe
"The City of Mississauga is committed to improving accessibility, and our skills in
accessible customer service. A more accessible City ensures everyone feels they belong,"
said Diana Simpson, City accessibility coordinator.
For more information about the City's plan to improve accessibility, please visit www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/accessibility
or contact Diana Simpson at 905-615-3608, TTY 905-616-3411 or
As Canada's sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000
businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major
divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the
shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is "Leading
Today for Tomorrow" by focussing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan,
delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
Public Affairs Specialist
905-615-3200 Ext. 3940