Jun 25, 2013
The City of Mississauga's Heritage Advisory Committee and Heritage Mississauga are accepting
nominations for the 2013 Cultural Property Awards of Excellence.
"This award encourages and recognizes excellence in preserving, restoring, conserving and
enhancing cultural heritage properties," said Susan Burt, director, Culture Division, City
of Mississauga. "The awards will be presented during Heritage Week in February 2014 and we
encourage all residents to nominate their favourite heritage property for this exciting
Cultural Heritage Property Award Information
* Nominations are invited from the public, the Heritage Advisory Committee and from the
Heritage Mississauga Board.
* The deadline for submissions is 4 p.m. on Friday, September 27, 2013.
* Properties must be located in the City of Mississauga and be listed on the City's Heritage
Register or adjacent to a property on the register.
* The four nomination categories include: restoration, adaptive re-use, infill and infill in a
* Projects must have been completed in the last two years and have been inspected by staff to
ensure compliance with approved plans.
* There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted. A separate application must
be made for each entry.
* Submissions must include photographs of all relevant exterior views (with "before"
photos, if possible) along with an outline of the project describing the work undertaken.
* Only exterior work visible from the street will be judged, except in the Universal
Accessibility Design category.
* All nominations will be reviewed by an award panel comprised of two members each from the
Mississauga Heritage Advisory Committee, the Heritage Mississauga Board and, for the
Accessibility award, the Mississauga Accessibility Advisory Committee.
* Nomination forms, eligibility guidelines and details are available at www.mississauga.ca/heritageplanning or contact Elaine Eigl, Heritage Coordinator,
City of Mississauga at 906-615-3200 ext. 5070.
As Canada's sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000
businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major
divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the
shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is "Leading
Today for Tomorrow" by focusing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan,
delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
Communications Advisor, Community Services
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 5053