Sep 30, 2013
Design excellence, innovation and public art were honoured at the 32nd Annual Mississauga Urban Design Awards on Friday, September 27. The awards program is the longest-running municipal urban design awards program in Ontario.
The theme of this year’s awards was “Public Art,” and the award ceremony served as the kick-off to the City’s Culture Days festivities.
2013 Mississauga Urban Design Awards winners include:
Awards of Excellence:
· Lakeside Park – John George Associates Inc, Vermeulen/Hind Architects
· Mississauga Fire Station 106 & Peel Regional Paramedic Satellite Station – Kleinfeldt Mychajlowycz Architects Inc., Arium Design Group
Awards of Merit:
· The Urban Roundabout and Public Art ‘Possibilities’ – City of Mississauga, Michel de Broin, Artist
· Port Credit Cultural Node Project - Port Credit Business Improvement Area, Indian Cuisine by the Lake, Shore Grill and Grotto, The Crooked Cue
· David’s House – David Small Designs, Uncommon Ground Design Group
Awards were selected by the Mississauga Urban Design Awards jury. Jury members included:
Chris Fonseca, Councillor, Ward 3
Ed Sajecki, Commissioner, Planning and Building
Marianne Mokrycke, Principal, O’Conner Mokrycke Consultants
Peter Berton, Partner, +VG Architects (The Ventin Group)
Lisa Rapoport, Partner, PLANT Architect, Inc.
For more information, visit mississauga.ca/urbandesignawards For more information about Mississauga Culture Days events, visit mississauga.ca/culturedays.
As Canada's sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is "Leading Today for Tomorrow" by focussing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan, delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
- 30 -
Senior Advisor, Media Relations
905-615-3200 ext. 5050