Sep 02, 2014
The 2014 Municipal Election is on October 27. If you are eligible, you should vote – your vote will help decide the future of Mississauga. You will be voting for a new mayor, your ward councillor and your school trustee.
If you need information about voting in Mississauga, visit mississaugavotes.ca for up-to-date information about the 2014 Municipal Election.
At mississaugavotes.ca, you can find out:
• Who can vote – To be a qualified elector you must be a resident of Mississauga, or an owner or tenant of land in Mississauga, or a spouse of such owner or tenant; and a Canadian citizen; and at least 18 years old.
• What types of identification you need – You will need to bring an acceptable piece of identification with you when you go to vote to prove who you are and where you vote. For a list of acceptable ID, visit the website.
• How to get on the Voters’ List - The Voters' List is a list of people who can vote in the 2014 Municipal Election. Check to see if you are on the list at voterlookup.ca. Call 905-615-VOTE if you aren’t on the list. You must be on the Voters' List to receive important election information including a Voter Notification Card.
• Where to vote – Your poll location will be on your Voter Notification Card that will be mailed to your home. Don’t know your poll location? Visit the website to find out where you can vote.
• How to vote early – Advance polls will be held from September 29 – October 11, 2014. Advance polls allow electors to vote prior to the elections. Every vote matters and sometimes, other obligations may prevent you from being able to cast your vote on Election Day. Locations for the Advance polls are posted on the website.
Mississauga Youth – Tell us why you vote!
• #Ivotebecause – If you are a Mississauga resident between the ages of 17 and 25, Tweet, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube the reasons why you vote! Use the hashtag #Ivotebecause and tag @CityMississauga. You could win $2,000 toward your college or university tuition. Visit mississaugavotes.ca for contest rules.
Calling all Candidates!
• If you are considering becoming a candidate in the 2014 Municipal Election, you can get information in our candidate’s package at mississaugavotes.ca. Please note that the last day for filing nomination forms is September 12, 2014.
About the 2014 Municipal Election in Mississauga
The 2014 Municipal Election is on October 27, 2014. Eligible voters will be able to vote for Mississauga’s new mayor, their ward councillor and school board trustee.
The City of Mississauga will hold advance polls for 13 days from September 29 to October 11, 2014. Don’t forget to bring your Voter Notification Card and acceptable ID when you go to vote.
Mississauga Youth, tell us why you vote! You could win money for school. If you are a Mississauga resident between the ages of 17-25, Tweet, Instagram, Facebook or YouTube your reason by using the hashtag #Ivotebecause and tagging @CityMississauga.
For more information about the 2014 Municipal Election, visit mississaugavotes.ca or call 905-615-VOTE. If you need information in an alternate format, please call 3-1-1.
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 5818