May 05, 2015
The City of Mississauga has added additional recreation programming to provide options for youth impacted by the Peel District School Board (PDSB) strike which began May 4, 2015.
"As always, providing our residents with access to our programs and services is extremely important to us," said Laura Piette, director, Recreation Division, City of Mississauga. “We will continue to revaluate our program schedule and offerings to ensure we are meeting the needs of the community."
The supplementary programming will be available at the following facilities
• Burnhamthorpe Community Centre
• Carmen Corbasson Community Centre
• Churchill Meadows Library
• Clarkson Community Centre
• Frank McKechnie Community Centre
• Huron Park Recreation Centre
• Malton Community Centre
• Meadowvale 4 Rinks
• Mississauga Valley Community Centre
• River Grove Community Centre
• South Common Community Centre
According to Piette, the additional programming will go into effect on Wednesday, May 6.
For a complete schedule of existing and additional programming, visit http://dropin.mississauga.ca.
Communications Advisor, Community Services
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 3940