Jun 01, 2016
For the third time, MiWay has received an overall customer satisfaction rating of 82 per cent in the bi-annual market research study done between November and December 2015.
“The high overall customer service rating shows us that we are on the right path as we focus on customer service and growth in ridership," said Geoff Marinoff, Director of Transit. "The results tell us that our customers want more frequent and reliable service. Integrating the full Mississauga Transitway into MiWay’s service network will allow for more travel on our dedicated transit corridor and help us to continually improve travel options for those who live and work in Mississauga.”
- MiWay drivers received high customer satisfaction ratings of 81 to 86 per cent.
- The Mississauga Transitway received a high satisfaction rating of 82 per cent.
- Customers were more satisfied with the value received; PRESTO received an 87 per cent rating and value for paid fares received a 71 per cent rating.
- Opportunities exist for improvement in the communication/information access and customer service area, which saw a decline of four to six per cent.
- Customers rated more frequent service, buses that arrive/depart on schedule and availability of real-time bus schedules online or on mobile devices as the most important factors for increasing transit use.
MiWay’s Action Plan to Improve the Customer Experience
- MiWay 5 – implementing a new five-year service plan (2016-2020) that moves the transit system design from radiating from the downtown to a grid network to improve bus frequency, optimize the use of the Mississauga Transitway and set the stage for light rail transit on Hurontario Street.
- Customer Service Strategy - will address customer service by creating a new Customer Experience section focused on improving the customer experience and MiWay staff will be at transit terminals to assist customers.
- Real Time – MiWay’s new Plan a Trip tool, launched in March 2016, will provide real-time bus schedules in fall 2016. Currently, real-time next bus displays are available at Mississauga Transitway stations and the City Centre Transit Terminal.
The MiWay Customer Satisfaction Survey was done by an independent market research company. More than 11,100 customers completed surveys while on buses or at bus stops. MiWay uses the survey to benchmark customer satisfaction.
For more information view the corporate report or visit miway.ca/survey.
Carley Smith DeBenedictis
Senior Communications Advisor
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 4203