Jan 05, 2017
Join Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Members of Council as they celebrate the start of 2017 at the Mayor’s New Year’s Levee. The Levee is an annual event in Mississauga, and an opportunity for the community to meet the Mayor and Members of Council. Enjoy local entertainment, a free skate on the Mississauga Celebration Square ice rink, an information fair, tasty treats and more.
2017 Mayor’s New Year’s Levee
Sunday, January 15, 2017, from 2 to 4 p.m.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free public skate (weather permitting)
• 1:30 to 4 p.m. Information Fair (including displays from Mississauga Fire & Emergency Services and Peel Regional Police)
• 2 to 3:15 p.m. Welcome and remarks followed by Meet & Greet with Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Members of Council
• Mayor Crombie
• Members of Council
• Mississauga MPs and MPPs
• Representatives from Mississauga Fire & Emergency Services, Peel Regional Police and Peel EMS
Mississauga Civic Centre
300 City Centre Drive
The Meet & Greet will take place inside Council Chamber
The Information Fair will take place inside the Great Hall
Visit www.mississauga.ca/mayorslevee for more information
• 2:30 p.m. - Meet & Greet with Mayor and Members of Council
• 4 p.m. - Mayor Crombie participating in the public skate on the Mississauga Celebration Square ice rink
*All times in schedule are approximate.
The Mayor’s Levee is a tradition that dates back to the 18th century, during the reign of King Louis XIV. To show the sovereign belonged to the people, the King would invite only gentlemen to enter his bedroom on New Year’s Day where they would watch him wake up and begin serving the public. The Royal Governor of New France later brought this custom to Canada.
Senior Communications Advisor
905-615-3200 x 3278