May 18, 2017
Celebrate National Public Works Week at Family Fun Day on May 27
Keeping Mississauga moving each day takes a lot of people, technology and equipment. National Public Works Week (NPWW) Family Fun Day is a celebration of that daily work that goes on behind the scenes. Join us on Saturday, May 27 at Mississauga Celebration Square for just the right amount of learning and fun.
This year ArtWorkX - an exhibit that merges art with infrastructure, headlines our NPWW activities. Artists will transform city infrastructure into art and children can help create an environmentally-themed art piece.
Family Fun Day
Where: Mississauga Celebration Square
When: Saturday, May 27, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
What: Interactive educational displays
• Homeowners can view and learn how to create a raingarden
• View a screening of the documentary “The Messenger”. Visit the ArtWorkX Facebook event page for more information
• Put on some safety gear and have your family photo taken at our photo booth
• Take a guided bus tour of the Mississauga Transitway
• See a rescue display by Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services at 1 p.m.
• Buy a burger to support Engineers Without Borders
• Munch on some free popcorn
• Bring the kids to our bouncy castle or sports dome to play soccer, baseball or basketball
In addition to Family Fun Day, local schools will be visiting and learning more about public works with tours of the Mavis Works Yard from May 23 to 26.
Take MiWay to Family Fun Day at Mississauga Celebration Square by visiting Trip Planner.
For more information visit mississauga.ca/roads.
Senior Communications Advisor
Phone: 905-615-3200 x5232