Sep 21, 2018
The design community came out to celebrate the City of Mississauga's 35th Urban Design Awards on September 20, 2018 at Sheridan College, Hazel McCallion Campus. The City recognized exceptional designs that demonstrate innovation, a sense of place, environmental and sustainable practices, character area enhancements and other criteria.
This year's theme, Design that Moves Us, is about how urban design can motivate people to be active and move around the city.
And the winners are......
Award of Excellence:
Award of Merit:
Award of Healthy by Design:
People's Choice Award:
Awards were selected from 11 nominated projects. Jury members included:
- Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac
- Andrew Whittemore, Commissioner, Planning and Building, City of Mississauga
- Paul Sharma, Director, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division, Peel Public Health, Region of Peel
- Ken Snell, Professor, School of Architectural Technology, Sheridan College
- David Dow, Principal, Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Christine Abe, Principal, The MBTW Group
View the 2018 Mississauga Urban Design Awards Jury Report for jury comments and more information about the winning designs.
The Mississauga Urban Design Awards - held every two years - is the longest running municipal urban design program in Ontario. For more information about the program, please visit mississauga.ca/urbandesignawards.
*Funded in part by the Government of Canada.
905-615-3200 ext. 5934