Provincial Election 2011
On October 6th, 2011 the following provincial candidates were elected in Mississauga ridings:
- Bramalea-Gore-Malton: Jagmeet Singh
- Mississauga-Brampton South: Amrit Mangat
- Mississauga East-Cooksville: Dipika Damerla
- Mississauga-Erindale: Harinder Takhar
- Mississauga-South: Charles Sousa
- Mississauga-Streetsville: Bob Delaney
Your participation in the democratic process is important to the City of Mississauga. On October 6, 2011 residents will once again elect a provincial government. The City of Mississauga is committed to helping residents understand our local issues, so you can be informed as candidates ask for your vote on October 6th.
Mississauga is recognized as the sixth largest city in Canada and one of the fastest growing major cities. Our residents are talented, diverse, cultured, and highly skilled. To continue with our success, we must ensure that our interests and views are well represented by the provincial government. Mississauga City Council has identified the following issues for the upcoming provincial election:
• Fund and Grow Public Transit
• City Building - Infrastructure Funding
• Interest Arbitration - Labour Costs for Emergency Services
• The Future of the Ontario Power Generation lands
• Post-Secondary Education Funding
• Air Quality - Clarkson Air Shed and Loreland Site
Please explore our website to find more about our priority issues. Included in this site are questions we addressed to provincial parties; links to the Region of Peel and other important associations; Council endorsed corporate reports and resolutions and other material of interest.
We invite your participation and I encourage you to ask your local candidates about these important municipal issues.
||HAZEL McCALLION, C.M., LL.D.