We are accepting applications for the Transit Operator position from Friday May 1, 2015 until Sunday May 31, 2015. Click Here to view and apply for this great job opportunity!
The City of Mississauga offers a competitive salary and benefits plan. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Your interest in the Transit Operator position is appreciated, however only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The Transit Operator Recruitment Process
- Applicants are screened on the skills and competencies identified in the job posting.
- Computers are available to the public for the application process at the Mississauga Central Library.
- Only applicants moving forward in the process will be contacted.
- Applicants meeting the job criteria will receive an e-mail invitation with testing date and times.
- You will need to submit a 3-Year Driver’s Abstract (with no infractions, offences, convictions, demerit points or accidents – no exceptions) dated within 4 weeks of the testing date. Applicants who do not meet the criteria for the Driver’s Abstract will not continue in the process. For information visit: http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/uncertified-drivers-record.
- You will need to complete and successfully meet the minimum test score requirement, in an online assessment and a written assignment, in order to proceed further in the process.
- There will be a $30.00(+ HST) non-refundable administration fee.
- Interviews will be conducted by an interview panel.
- You must bring the completed Reference Consent Form and the Job Shadow exercise observing Transit Operators. Details of the job shadowing exercise will be provided at the testing session.
- You must provide 3 work related references from either supervisors or managers that you directly reported to.
Conditional Job Offer
- Successful candidates will be provided with information on a conditional offer of employment as a Transit Operator.
- The offer of employment is conditional upon:
- Successful completion of the training period.
- Successful completion of a nine-month probationary period.
- Confirmation (at your expense) of a satisfactory Ministry of Transportation 3 Year Driver's Abstract with no indication of infractions, offences, convictions, demerit points or accidents.
- Criminal Record Search Certificate (Vulnerable Sector Screening), to verify you do not have a Criminal Record for which you have not received a record suspension (pardon).
- Successfully receiving a Ministry of Transportation CZ Licence.
For all other inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All successful candidates will participate in a 5 week training program, consisting of both in-class and on-street sessions.
- Given the large number of applicants, we will not respond to individual inquiries regarding application status.