Our job posting for Transit Operators is now closed.
Note: only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Next steps Update: Screening & Testing
Candidates who meet the screening criteria will receive an invite for a testing session through their email.
The Transit Operator Recruitment Process
- Applicants are screened on the skills and competencies identified in the job posting.
- Computers are available to the public for the application process at the Mississauga Central Library.
- Only applicants moving forward in the process will be contacted.
- Applicants meeting the job criteria will receive an e-mail invitation with testing date and times.
- You will need to submit a 3-Year Driver’s Abstract (with no infractions, offences, convictions, demerit points or accidents – no exceptions) dated within 4 weeks of the testing date. Applicants who do not meet the criteria for the Driver’s Abstract will not continue in the process.
For information visit: http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/uncertified-drivers-record.
- You will need to meet the expectations of all testing components and will be invited to attend the next steps in the recruitment process. We will not provide individual feedback on the test results
- There will be a non-refundable administration fee of $33.90 (including all applicable taxes).
- Interviews will be conducted by an interview panel.
- You must bring the completed Reference Consent Form and the Job Shadow exercise observing Transit Operators.
Details of the job shadowing exercise will be provided at the testing session.
- You must provide 3 work related references from either supervisors or managers that you directly reported to.
Conditional Job Offer
- Successful candidates will be provided with information on a conditional offer of employment as a Transit Operator.
- The offer of employment is conditional upon:
- Successful completion of the training period.
- Successful completion of a nine-month probationary period.
- Confirmation (at your expense) of a satisfactory Ministry of Transportation 3 Year Driver's Abstract with no indication of infractions, offences, convictions, demerit points or accidents.
- Criminal Record Search Certificate (Vulnerable Sector Screening), to verify you do not have a Criminal Record for which you have not received a record suspension (pardon).
- Successfully receiving a Ministry of Transportation CZ Licence.
- All successful candidates will participate in a 5 week training program, consisting of both in-class and on-street sessions.
- Given the large number of applicants, we will not respond the individual inquiries regarding application status.
For all other inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are moving forward in the recruitment process we will contact you through email, using the email address on your profile. Please ensure that this address is up to date, and checked regularly. This includes Junk and Spam mail folders