|Description: A framed colour photograph print of Marjorie Twitchell sitting inside the parlour of Bradley House, wearing a brown checkered dress. The picture is placed on a piece of mat board that is marked in pencil with “Larry Gooder, Port Credit," at the bottom right of photograph. A piece of glass covers the photograph that sits inside a wooden frame that has a gold metal border. A small metal plate is found on the bottom of frame and is inscribed with "Miss Marjorie Twitchell, First Curator (1967), Lewis Bradley Museum." A short wire runs along the back of the frame so the photograph can be hung. |
Marjorie Twitchell (1897-1969) was the first curator of Bradley Museum opened in 1967. Marjorie attended Church of the Redeemer School in Toronto as a child. She was the daughter of Charles and Jessie Twitchell and only sister to Irene. Marjorie never married and was a resident of Port Credit when she passed away.
Mississauga’s first museum, Bradley Museum, opened as a Centennial Project in 1967; this site has continued to grow and evolve over the decades and is still undergoing developmental changes today. Bradley Museum is situated on a 2 1/4 acre site in the Clarkson area of Mississauga. Presently there are six structures on the Bradley site: three are historic houses and three are reproduction outbuildings (a barn, a drive shed, and an outhouse). The site was named for Bradley House, when the original structure moved to the site. It is now owned and operated by the City of Mississauga and continues to educate, entertain and grow. For more information on the Bradley Museum see www.museumsofmississauga.com.