|Description: A round tan coloured straw hat, worn when berry picking. The brim is 5.5 cm wide. The crown has a 1 x 10 cm green velvet ribbon running from the centre of the crown to half way down the sides. There are 12 ribbons in all forming a pattern radiating out from the centre, resembling spider legs. The ribbons are sewn to the hat with long stitches from the centre. One ribbon is loose from the hat. The centre contains the remains of what could have been a looped handle or a decoration made of twisted wire. |
Belonged to Thompson Adamson's mother, Sarah Bonham Adamson (Jan 20 1879-Feb 25 1951).
Sarah Maria Bonham Adamson was the wife of Charles Adamson. The two raised five children on a farm located where Erindale Secondary School now stands. Before marrying Charles on March 1 1905 in Streetsvillle Sarah taught school at S.S. # 10 Trafalgar.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|