COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Bradley Collection Gallery
Displaying image 461 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Sign - 4th Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Sign - 4th Port Credit
Identifier: 2007.16.1
Donor: 4th Port Credit Scouts
Item Date: 1967
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Unpainted wooden sign that reads "4th Port Credit". Lettering carved into the wood and painted black. Wood has aged to a grey colour. Boy Scout emblem carved in top right hand corner. Surface of sign is heavily crazed along grain lines. Sign has warped, forming an indentation horizontally at the centre. Several large staples are embedded in the wood on the front. Several nail holes go through the sign. The back of the sign still has some original wood colour.

Items used by the 4th Port Credit Boy Scouts in the Port Credit Log cabin which has now been relocated to Bradley Museum.

The 1.5 storey Log Cabin was built in Dufferin County in the 1830's and was relocated to Port Credit by the 4th Port Credit Boy Scouts in 1967; there it was used for Scouting activities. The cabin was again relocated and reconstructed in 2007 at the Bradley Museum, located at 1620 Orr Road, Mississauga, ON.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada