COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Bradley Collection Gallery
Displaying image 493 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Teapot: Gaudy Welsh
Identifier: 987.10.1.j
Donor: Mrs. Margaret Quigley
Item Date: 1825-1845
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2007
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A teapot (987.10.1 j a) with a blue and rust coloured floral lustreware pattern. The lid (987.10.1 j b) has a flower shaped design. History: This pattern was typically known as ‘Gaudy Welsh’ and was made at the Dillwyn’s Cambrian factory in Swansea, Wales c. 1825- 1845. The Cambrian Pottery was founded by William Coles in 1764. William’s son, George Haynes, went into business with Lewis Weston Dillwyn in 1802 who became the sole owner in 1810 when Haynes left the business. In 1811, T&J. Bevington became a partner and the company became Dillwyn & Company. Lewis Llewelyn Dillwyn managed the pottery from 1836 to 1870 when the site was sold to Cory, Yeo & Co. Cambrian employed many of the best artist of the day such as Thomas Rothwell. For more information on Cambrian Pottery see or .
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)