|Description: Photocopy of hand-written document dated at York 5th March 1817, pertaining to a lease of land, signed by Thomas Merigold. The document is a request from Thomas Merigold, who in 1817 owned and was living on Lot No. 30 in the 3rd Concession of Township of Toronto South of Dundas Street for a lease for Clergy Reserve Lot number 27 in the 2nd Concession of the Township S.D.S. Merigold names Mr. Benjamin Monger as his surety for the payment of applicable rents etc.. Marked at top proper left corner "156".|
This item is part of a box of original papers, transcripts, research notes, and newspaper clippings compiled and transcribed by Geoffrey and Kathleen Sayers between 1970-1975. The notes and transcripts were written on the backs of papers related to Geoffrey’s job in Insurance.
The Merigold’s were one of the first seven families to settle in the Clarkson area of Mississauga.