COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 69 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Photograph - 1404 Clarkson Road North: Proctor House
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - 1404 Clarkson Road North: Proctor House
Identifier: 2006.4.9.1
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 2000
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph showing the back view of the house located at 1404 Clarkson Road North. The top portion of the house is built from red/brown brick, while the lower portion is lighter in colour.

This house was originally built in 1850 by Richard Proctor (1792-1862) who bought 80 acres of land at the north end of Lot 29, Con 2, SDS in Clarkson from Alexander and Amelia (nee Jarvis) Proudfoot. Richard married Elizabeth Anne Thomas (1807-1905) and raised their family in the house. One of their daughters, Elizabeth, married Hugh Cavan and they eventually lived in the same house and raised their eight children. According to the property and tax database a wing was attached to the original building sometime in the 1870s. The building is listed on the Heritage Register but is not designated.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada