COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 100 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Photograph - The Barn Antiques
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - The Barn Antiques
Identifier: 2006.4.9.6
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1990 - 1995
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of the front exterior of The Barn Antiques located at 1675 Lakeshore Road West. The building has wooden planks running horizontally and vertically as well as around the windows and doors. In front of the building there are a couple of antique furniture pieces laid out. The wooden sign above the door reads "The Barn Fine Furniture and Antiques Owned & Operated by the Nook of Oakville".

The building was already 100 years old when it was purchased and operated as the Clarkson Fruit Market. It was first moved to Lakeshore Road and Clarkson Road, then later to its present location at Lakeshore Road and Meadow Wood Road. In 1931 it was purchased by Grace Fairbairn who, with her sister, Agnes, operate it as Clarkson Market Antiques.

Information taken from Historic Image Gallery Database.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada