COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 81 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Photograph - Church of St. Bride
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - Church of St. Bride
Identifier: 2006.4.9.14
Donor: City of MIssissauga
Item Date: 2000
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of the Church of St Bride located at 1516 Clarkson Road North. The building is made of light brown bricks. There is a cross on the front roof. A large steeple with a cross is located in the centre of the roof. There are several vertical panels of stained glass.

The Church of St Bride in Clarkson was founded on 1 February 1959. The building was later built in 1961. The church was named after the Irish saint, St. Bridget. Before the building was completed, church services were held for the Anglican congregation at school portables in the Hillcrest Public School at 1530 Springwell Ave. The first pastor of the church was Reverend Canon Thomas Rooke. Several additions were added to the building in 1971 and 1988 as the congregation began to grow.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada