|Description: A colour photograph of the Church of St Bride located at 1516 Clarkson Road North. The building is made of light brown bricks. There is a cross on the front roof. A large steeple with a cross is located in the centre of the roof. There are several vertical panels of stained glass.|
The Church of St Bride in Clarkson was founded on 1 February 1959. The building was later built in 1961. The church was named after the Irish saint, St. Bridget. Before the building was completed, church services were held for the Anglican congregation at school portables in the Hillcrest Public School at 1530 Springwell Ave. The first pastor of the church was Reverend Canon Thomas Rooke. Several additions were added to the building in 1971 and 1988 as the congregation began to grow.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga |
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga |