COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 87 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Photograph - Herridge's Farm Fresh Market
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - Herridge's Farm Fresh Market
Identifier: 2006.4.9.20
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 2001
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of the exterior of Herridge's Farm Fresh Market, located at 780 Southdown Road. The outside walls are painted white and have pillars along the front that hold up a roof that extends to cover a portion of the front. There are two large garage doors at front of the building that provide entrance to the market. The front stalls are lined with baskets of apples as well as pints of berries.

Herridge's fruit market was established in 1950 by Lloyd and Viola Herridge, who operated the business from a small shelter on property that originally was owned by Reuben Lush. The original Herridge Fruit Market was closed down because Lloyd's property was taken for the Water Filtration Plant. The market that exists today was built in 1970 by Lloyd's son, Don, and his wife, Patricia. The Herridge Family home, which is a large two storey brick house, was built in 1912 and still stands today at 758 Southdown Road; it now belongs to Van Beek's Garden & Landscaping Supplies.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada