COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 68 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Photograph - 1140 Clarkson Road North
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - 1140 Clarkson Road North
Identifier: 2006.4.10.1
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 2000
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of William Clarkson's house located at 1140 Clarkson Road North and located next door to Warren Clarkson's General Store. The two storey (?) house is painted white with light blue trim around the top windows. The front porch is all enclosed with plastic sheeting and has a grey coloured roof.

This house is ca. 1850. William Clarkson was the son of Warren Clarkson, who owned the general store and post office located in Clarkson Corners. In 1858 William married Lorenda Hemphill. William took over his father's store in the 1860s. In 1875 William became the first postmaster, after the post office opened in Clarkson. In the 1950s the building was used for Bill Elliot's fruit Market. The house now sits empty. (Information taken from Kathleen Hicks Clarkson book.)
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada