Clarkson Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 8 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Bonnet, Baby
Identifier: 2005.7.13
Donor: Mr. Don Herridge
Item Date: 1912-1913
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2006
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A beige silk baby bonnet with silk ties that are 37 cm long and 7.5 cm wide. The front of the bonnet has a flap with three rows of lace at 2cm intervals. A lace rosette decorates the attachment point of ties. The bonnet is gathered into a 7cm crown and is fully lined with the same fabric. There is lace trim on the back neck edge of the bonnet. History: This item was donated by the Herridge family, long time residents of Mississauga and owners of Herridge Market on Southdown Road in Clarkson. Lloyd Coulson Herridge (1912-1988) and his wife Viola née Ehrhardt (1912-2004) had six children; Lois, Ross, Don, Bruce, Jim and Jane (Jane donated these items on behalf of her family). All members of the family worked at the market and it still continues to be a family run business with Don Herridge and his family now managing the market. Lloyd Herridge and all of his children attended Clarkson School on Clarkson Road South. This item was used by Lloyd Herridge in 1912-1913. Lloyd, aside from operating the market, worked for the Public Utilities Commission and was also involved in local politics. He served as a Deputy Reeve and Reeve and was a close friend of former mayor of Toronto Township Robert Speck.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8850