|Description: Large blade with wooden handle. |
Hay knives were used to cut off small sections of hay that were needed to feed the animals. _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_
Tommy Adamson was a descendent of one of the original founding fathers of St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale, Dr. Joseph Adamson. Dr. Adamson emigrated from England in 1822 with his family and immediately set up a medical practice that served both the natives and settlers. Josephís brother, Peter, held the first services for St. Peterís Anglican Church at his home and hired Reverend James Magrath. Joseph signed the deed to the first St. Peterís Church and was the Rectorís Warden.
Tommy was born and raised in Mississauga on a dairy farm that is now the present site of Erindale High School. Tommy was the first historian of St. Peterís Anglican Church and the Bell Tower Museum which was created out of the many things he had collected. Tommy and his wife, Jean, were both avid historians for the Mississauga area and both wrote books on local history. Tommy died in 2001