COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Farming Gallery
Displaying image 9 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Fence Stretcher
  View Full size image
Title: Fence Stretcher
Identifier: 990.1.7
Donor: Thompson Adamson
Item Date: 1820-1890
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A metal head part of a fence stretcher.

Fence stretcher for barbed wire

William Thompson Blaine Adamson. Tommy Adamson was a descendent of one of the original founding fathers of St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale, Dr. Joseph Adamson. Dr. Adamson emigrated from England in 1822 with his family and immediately set up a medical practice that served both the natives and settlers. Josephís brother, Peter, held the first services for St. Peterís Anglican Church at his home and hired Reverend James Magrath. Joseph signed the deed to the first St. Peterís Church and was the Rectorís Warden.

Tommy was born and raised in Mississauga on a dairy farm that is now the present site of Erindale High School. Tommy was the first historian of St. Peterís Anglican Church and the Bell Tower Museum which was created out of the many things he had collected. Tommy and his wife, Jean, were both avid historians for the Mississauga area and both wrote books on local history. Tommy died in 2001
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
   Virtual Museum of Canada