|Description: Photocopy of three panels of a document. Two panels are handwritten; one panel is a form completed in handwriting. Dated 5th March 1817 and 8th March 1817, pertaining to a lease of land for clergy. The forms are further regarding Thomas Merigold's request for lease of clergy land in 2nc Concession South of Dundas Street. One is a receipt of Land Granting Officer's Fees.|
This item is part of a box of original papers, transcripts, research notes, and newspaper clippings compiled and transcribed by Geoffrey and Kathleen Sayers between 1970-1975. The notes and transcripts were written on the backs of papers related to Geoffrey’s job in Insurance. .
The Merigold’s were one of the first seven families to settle in the Clarkson area of Mississauga.