Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 981 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph- The Greyscher House
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph- The Greyscher House
Identifier: 2006.4.3.3
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1950-1960
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Black and white glossy photo of the Greyscher House with a fleet of trucks in front. On the trucks in white lettering is written "Township of Toronto Recreation and Parks Department." In front of the trucks, there are a variety of lawn care machines.

The Greyscher House was said to be located on Lakeshore Road. According to Kathleen Hicks' book about Clarkson the house was originally owned and built by George Horace Gooderham; who had a successful farm. George Gooderham came from the famous Gooderham family of Toronto's Gooderham & Worts, which were a large distiller of whisky and known world wide. In 1947 the house was sold to Mrs. Grey and Mrs. Scher and they renamed it the Greyscher House; and opened up a nursing home for seniors. In 1955 the Toronto Township purchased the property and the house for the Clarkson Sewage Disposal Plant and used the house as an administration building for the recreation and parks department.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8850