Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 957 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph- Reproduced Photo of Queen Street- Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph- Reproduced Photo of Queen Street- Streetsville
Identifier: 2006.4.3.6
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1960- 1990
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Black and white photo of South Queen Street in Streetsville, Mississauga. The photo is mounted onto thick cardstock. The road on the photo is not paved and there are two carriages and horses on the road. There are no people in the picture except for those inside the carriages. The facades of two houses are visible on the left side of the street. There are electrical wires and posts running down the street.

After the last tract of land along the Credit River was given to the British Government,Timothy Street of Niagara Township was assigned the job of surveying it. He was given 1000 acres of land and in 1824 the area that he had surveyed became known as Streetsville. In 1858, Streetsville became a village. Not until 1962 did Streetsville gain the status of a town when it reached a population of 5 000 people. Streetsville is now a part of Mississauga. Information from () and ()
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8851