|Description: Black and white glossy photo showing the Mary Ann Lammy sampler located in the sitting room in the Bradley Museum. In the centre of the sampler there is a flower which is surrounded by other types of decorations such as a bird, a vase, and other types of flowers. Under the main flower in the centre the following words are embroidered: "Mary Ann Lammy Toronto Township." The sampler is framed in a wooden frame that is partially cut off in the photo. |
This sampler was made by Mary Ann Lammy, Toronto Township c. 1850. The picture was taken inside Bradley museum. Mississauga’s first museum, Bradley Museum, opened as a Centennial Project in 1967; this site has continued to grow and evolve over the decades and is still undergoing developmental changes today. For more information on the Bradley Museum see www.museumsofmississauga.com.