Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1001 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
 Photo of Dining Parlour in Bradley
  View Full size image
Title: Photo of Dining Parlour in Bradley
Identifier: 2006.4.5.5
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1967-1977
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley House

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Black and white glossy photo of a part of the dining parlour in the Bradley museum. In the left corner, there is the entrance to the kitchen. In the corner of the dining parlour, there is a cupboard displaying various china pieces, candlesticks and silverware. In the middle of the room, there is a table with a couple of chairs. On top of the table there is a lit candle and a large book. In between the cupboard and the table there is a skein winder.

The picture was taken inside of the Bradley Museum which was Richard Smith Bradley’s childhood home. The kitchen houses one of the only original pieces of furniture, the china cupboard.

Mississauga’s first museum, Bradley Museum, opened as a Centennial Project in 1967, this site has continued to grow and evolve over the decades and is still undergoing developmental changes today. Bradley Museum is situated on a 2 1/4 acre site in the Clarkson area of Mississauga. Presently there are six structures on the Bradley site: three are historic houses and three are reproduction outbuildings (a barn, a drive shed, and an outhouse). The site was named for Bradley House, when the original structure moved to the site. It is now owned and operated by the City of Mississauga and continues to educate, entertain and grow. For more information on the Bradley Museum see www.museumsofmississauga.com.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of MississaugaMuseums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8850