|Description: Black and white photo of an interpreter preparing cookies in the kitchen in Bradley. The interpreter is wearing a full-length dress. She is putting the cookie dough onto a pan. There are batches of baked cookies on the table on two plates. There is a bowl, a rolling pin, spatula and lit candle on the table as well. There are some other objects on the table but they are difficult to see in the picture. There is a cupboard on the left of the picture made out of wood. There are different kitchen objects on the shelves in the cupboard such as moulds. |
The picture was taken inside Bradley museum which was Richard Smith Bradley’s childhood home. Richard Bradley was born 24 May, 1832, in Toronto Township. He was eleven when his father died in 1843 and sixteen when he went to live with his sister, Richard married Marjorie Melissa Van Order, 10 December, 1861, and he became a commercial traveler living in Hamilton, Streetsville, Collingwood, and Toronto. They later moved to Detroit, Michigan in the 1880s and he died there 8 November 1908. Richard and Marjorie had four children.
Mississauga’s first museum, Bradley Museum, opened as a Centennial Project in 1967; this site has continued to grow and evolve over the decades and is still undergoing developmental changes today. Bradley Museum is situated on a 2 1/4 acre site in the Clarkson area of Mississauga. Presently there are six structures on the Bradley site: three are historic houses and three are reproduction outbuildings (a barn, a drive shed, and an outhouse). The site was named for Bradley House, when the original structure moved to the site. It is now owned and operated by the City of Mississauga and continues to educate, entertain and grow. For more information on the Bradley Museum see www.museumsofmississauga.com