|Description: A colour photograph City of Mississauga employees holding two awards. Standing from left to right: Ted Vanderstarren, Doug Prast and Delsie Drover, seated is Flavio Dalimonte. The employees are standing in front of landscaped grounds of The Adamson Estate. |
City of Mississauga employees won a prize at the CNE Horticulture Show August 19th 1986.
Adamson Estate is located on 850 Enola Avenue and was built in 1920. The property is owned by the City of Mississauga and the building has been leased to the Royal Conservatory of Music since 1992 while the grounds remain a public park. It has been Heritage Designated since 1992.
The 10 acre property, previously known as the Adamson-Proteus Estate, was initially purchased by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority in mid 1970s from Anthony and Augusta Adamson. The City of Mississauga was to lease the property for $ 1.00 a year to the Mississauga Hospital Auxiliary who were to use the estate to raise funds for the expansion of the Mississauga Hospital in 1979.