|Description: A glossy blue promotional booklet about the City of Mississauga. The cover has a photograph of Mississauga City Hall and the title above which reads "Mississauga." The booklet has ten pages featuring colour photographs and information regarding Mississauga divided into the following topics: business environment, educational opportunities, residential communities, recreational opportunities and quality of life. |
The City of Mississauga was incorporated on January 1st of 1974 with the amalgamation of the Town of Mississauga and the Town of Streetsville and Port Credit. The villages that make up the city were initially part of Toronto Township that was created in 1805 after the "Mississauga Purchase." The name 'Mississauga' came from the Anishinaabe First Nations people who originally occupied parts of Southern Ontario.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|