|Description: A red, hard cover book entitled "The Decorator's Assistant" covered in cloth. The title is printed on the spine of the book in white ink. The front cover also has the title of the book framed in white. Also printed at the bottom of the cover is "Musson's Scientific & Technical Series." The back cover has no printing while the fly leaf is marked "E.H. DUNHAM" and "EHD", hand printed. The book has a total of 160 pages of instructions for every class of interior and exterior decoration plus an index, At the back of the book there is a section listing Musson's Scientific and Technical Series including medical and health manuals. It also lists two books by Emily Haft a listing of cook books and dictionaries and nature books. The inside back cover, on the pasted down sheet, is a hand done sketch of a lady's sitting on a chain with "The Candy kid with the sticky nose" printed as well as a sketch of an ankle with "what a beautiful ankle" printed beside it. |
Musson Book Company was founded in 1892 (or 1894?) by Charles Joseph Musson. In 1967, Jack Stoddart, the owner of General Publishing Company bought the Musson Book Company. The company once had a five storey warehouse located on the south side of Richmond St W and on the east side of Duncan Street.