|Description: A baby doll (983.12.11a) with head and arms. The hair is painted light brown. The body and legs are stuffed with straw. The doll is clothed with knit socks (b, c) that appear to be machine-made. White thread is used. The shoes (d, e) are white and are a 'bootie' style. They are tied with pink ribbon at the front. The camisole (f) is a one piece with short sleeves and is made with pink gauzy material. There is lace sewn around the leg openings. The dress is pink and has lace sewn to give a yoke effect. It has a blue ribbon lace bow sewn on the right side and around the sleeves. It is made of three pieces, which included one front piece and two back pieces. The bonnet (h) is made with a pink material with lace on both sides. The blue ribbons are used to tie the bonnet under the chin. |
Mrs. Jean Stager and her husband Bill moved to Lorne Park in 1952 and lived there for 43 years. In the mid 1990s they moved to Oakville but continued to remain Charter members of the Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church. Mrs. Stager worked on Home and School Society for Lorne Park Public School and was on the Auxiliary of the Mississauga Symphony. She worked as a Nurse at Mississauga Hospital but also for the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) in Peel.
A number to these dolls could have belonged to Mrs. Stager's daughter, Sheila. Shelia now lives in Maryland and works as a Speech Pathologist. She is presumed to be in her 50s and is a graduate of both Lorne Park Public School and Lorne Park Highschool.